Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter Brr

For those Beavers who will be joining us at Winter Brr on Saturday, March 7th, here is what you need to know:

The location is at: Westside Lutheran Church, which is located at the corner of Ferndale Dr. and Livingstone St. W.  Best route would be to take 400 to Dunlop - go west, and then go north on Ferndale.


It is vital to be there for 12 SHARP so we can get organized.  They will give us our armbands by 12:30 and then opening ceremonies will start at 12:45.

They are asking the Beavers to all know this little song...it's easy.  If you could just show them this in advance, that's great...otherwise I will run them all through the song before we start.

Tune: "I’m a Little Teapot"
l’m a Little Beaver, short & stout (crouch)
Here is my tail, (exaggerate pulling a tail)
Here is my snout (big gesture to touch nose)
When you pull my tail (exaggerate pulling tail outwards)
Hear me shout
I'm a Little Beaver, now cut that out
 
The first activity will be the Leader Pull, which all groups will participate in together
 
We will then split into a rotating schedule, where our activities include:
 
Hockey (possibly refereed by actual Barrie Colts players)
Long Ski's
Storytime (run by yours truly)
 
Closing ceremonies should start at 3:05, and pick-up is listed for between 3:30pm and 4pm.  Each child will receive a special Winter Brr 2015 Mug and Patch for participating.
 
Any further questions, please let me know!

Ringtail
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment